THE WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS RECOGNIZE THE MEXICAN CARIBBEAN
Quintana Roo destinations won six awards at the World Travel Awards 2023, including Cancun as Leading Destination City in Mexico and Central America and Leading Beach Destination in Mexico, as well as Tulum as Leading Beach Destination in Central America.
Cancun also won the award for Best Visitors and Convention Bureau, while Cozumel won for Best Cruise Port in Mexico and Central America. Finally, Puerto Morelos won as the Leading Adventure Tourism Destination.
In addition, 13 other awards were given to hotels and theme parks in the Cancun-Riviera Maya corridor, in the categories of best beach in Mexico and Central America; best new hotel and best new resort; best adventure tour operator; best adventure tourism attraction; best all-inclusive; best hotel for business, best hotel for conferences, among others.
With this Quintana Roo reaffirms its status, not only as a tourist destination in Mexico and Latin America, but worldwide, by receiving seven awards from the prestigious World Travel Awards 2023, informed the Secretary of Tourism in the State, Bernardo Cueto Riestra,
“The tourism development model we are implementing, framed in the New Agreement for the Wellbeing and Development of Quintana Roo, establishes a collective commitment to generate sustainable, inclusive destinations that generate greater prosperity for all Quintana Roo residents. The synergy between the public and private sectors is the key to these recognitions,” said the head of the State Secretariat of Tourism (SEDETUR), Bernardo Cueto.
He highlighted that the awards obtained in the Mexico and Central America category are:
- Leading Beach Destination in Mexico and Central America 2023, went to Tulum.
- Leading Beach Resort in Mexico and Central America 2023, Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun.
- Leading Destination City in Mexico and Central America 2023, Cancun.
- Mexico and Central America Leading City Tourism Board 2023, Cancun Visitors and Convention Bureau.
- Leading Cruise Port in Mexico and Central America 2023, Port of Cozumel.
- New leading hotel in Mexico and Central America 2023, Kempinski Hotel Cancun.
- New leading resort in Mexico and Central America 2023, The St. Regis Kanai Resort, Riviera Maya.
Also in the Mexico category are:
- Mexico’s leading adventure tour operator 2023, Xcaret.
- Mexico’s leading adventure tourism destination 2023, Puerto Morelos.
- Mexico’s leading adventure tourism attraction 2023, Cancun Extreme Adventures.
- Mexico’s leading all-inclusive resort 2023, Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya.
- Mexico’s leading beach destination 2023, Cancun.
- Mexico’s Leading Beach Resort 2023, Hyatt Ziva, Cancun.
- Mexico’s Leading Boutique Resort 2023, Nuestras Habita, Tulum.
- Mexico’s Leading Conference Hotel 2023, ATELIER Playa Mujeres Zona Continental.
- Mexico’s Leading Family Resort 2023, Hacienda Tres Rios Resort, Spa and Natural Park.
- Mexico’s Leading Hotel 2023, Hotel Xcaret Arte.
- Mexico’s Leading Hotel Residences 2023, Grand Residencias Riviera Cancun.
- Mexico’s Leading Resort 2023, Hyatt Ziva Cancun.
- Mexico’s Leading Boutique Hotel, Hotel Secreto, Isla Mujeres.
- Mexico’s Leading Tour Operator, Mexico Kan Tours, Tulum.
These awards are testimonies of the effort, passion and dedication of tourism service providers, hoteliers, restaurateurs, workers, among others.
“For this reason, the state government, through Sedetur, recognizes their work and these awards reflect the essence of Quintana Roo and the fruits of the new tourism model,” said Maru Lezama, the governor.
The New Agreement for the Welfare and Development of Quintana Roo is committed to generating sustainable and inclusive destinations to generate shared prosperity and that tourism success is reflected in the pockets of workers.