FAMILY FUN: THE BEST THINGS TO DO WITH CHILDREN IN TULUM
Hi adventurous family! If you are looking for the perfect place for your next vacation in Tulum. This corner of Mexico’s Riviera Maya is a true paradise for families, mixing breathtaking beaches, Mayan culture, fun and nature in one place. Here are some of the reasons why you will love Tulum:
- Beaches: Enjoy the white sand beaches and crystal clear water, perfect for building sand castles or just relaxing.
- Mayan Ruins: Explore the ancient Mayan city of Tulum and take a leap back in time.
- Eco-Adventure Parks: Visit the water parks, where you can snorkel, swim with dolphins and more.
- Cenotes: Immerse yourself in the cool waters of the cenotes, authentic natural pools in the middle of the jungle.
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve: A space of incredible natural beauty, home to a great variety of flora and fauna.
- Water activities: From scuba diving and snorkeling to kayaking, Tulum offers endless ways to enjoy its beautiful waters.
- Local Cuisine: Indulge in the rich Mayan and Mexican cuisine at Tulum’s many family restaurants.
Why is Tulum an ideal destination for families?
- Breathtaking natural attractions
- Accessible location
- Rich in history and culture
- Varied local cuisine for all tastes
- Wide range of family activities
THE BEST ACTIVITIES TO DO WITH KIDS IN TULUM
The best option for adventurous, extroverted and good swimmers over 5 years old. Combine the impressive ruins of Tulum with an exciting, action-packed jungle adventure. You can’t miss visiting the famous cliff ruins while in Tulum. Enjoy views of the sparkling turquoise ocean and immerse yourself in the magic of this sacred place as your guide tells you the history and mysteries of the Mayan people and their traditions. Then, go deep into the Mexican jungle in search of the ultimate adventure with activities such as zip lining, rappelling and lots of adrenaline.
Here you can find activities such as:
- Adventure park.
- Climbing area.
- Racing tracks.
- Bike trails.
- Aquatic games area.
Xel-Ha is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mexican Riviera Maya.
Xel-Ha offers its visitors a unique experience: swimming with manta rays and sharks in its natural cenote and enjoying the underwater paradise, as well as having fun with slides, rappels and other games. In addition to the water attractions, the park also offers a variety of land activities such as jungle hiking, zip lines and paintball.
The park has a diversity of gastronomic options to satisfy the most demanding palates, from typical Mexican food to gourmet food.
- Xel-Ha is an ecological park that offers fun and adventure.
- It offers activities for you and your children to connect with nature.
- It offers a variety of experiences, such as snorkeling, hiking, swimming and exploring the jungle trails.
- Xel-Ha is perfect for all members of the family.
Looking for a memorable activity to enjoy with your kids? Look no further than the beaches of Tulum. Quiet, sunny and with an unmatched tropical charm, these beaches are an excellent choice for a family day out. Why? Here’s why:
- The waters are calm and shallow, making them safe for children to swim in.
- The sand is soft and perfect for building castles.
- There are ample shady areas provided by palm trees to take a break from the sun.
- Most children love to discover the rich marine life in the crystal clear waters.
- There are a variety of delicious local family restaurants where you can recharge your batteries.
Remember, there is nothing like the sound of children’s laughter in the tropical sun to create family vacation memories.
Do you want to live a unique experience? Then, you can’t miss the exciting turtle exploration activity in Tulum. It is a perfect mix of fun and knowledge about the life of sea turtles, to live this wonderful experience, it will be necessary to move on the Tulum-Akumal route.
Although the sea here is not an aquarium and you will see marine life in its natural habitat, there is a chance that you will witness brightly colored fish and, if you are very lucky, you will even have the opportunity to swim alongside beautiful sea turtles.
- Sea turtles are the stars of this activity, you will be able to observe them up close in their natural habitat.
- The experience is educational and interactive, learn about the migratory patterns, feeding and behavior of the turtles.
- It is a fun activity for all ages, from children to adults, everyone can enjoy this wonder of nature.
Don’t forget your camera, the views of these beautiful animals in their natural habitat are something you will want to capture.
Remember you MUST use BIODEGRADABLE sunscreen and mosquito repellent. Why? Because the chemicals in normal protection cause irreversible damage to the animals and coral reefs. For the sake of their well-being, please keep this in mind.
The Tulum Monkey Sanctuary is a place where you can find a wide variety of rescued primates and other animals.
Home to the iconic spider monkey, beautiful rescued capuchin monkeys and ring-tailed lemurs from the faraway lands of Madagascar, you will be able to witness and interact with a lot of wonderful wildlife.
The tours here are very small to keep it quiet and stress-free for the monkeys. Children will also have the opportunity to see donkeys, horses and other wildlife.
- A unique opportunity to learn about the local wildlife.
- Close encounters with playful spider monkeys.
- Exciting trails through the jungle for a change of pace.
- A safe and educational space, ideal for the little ones.
- The opportunity to make a contribution to the support and conservation of native monkeys.
Remember, fun and learning can go hand in hand!
Looking for an unforgettable experience for the family in Tulum? Try visiting the cenotes! They are a fantastic alternative to the daily routine, and we assure you that the kids will love them. Here are some reasons why:
- They are nature in its purest state. Cenotes are true natural wonders that teach children about geology, aquatic flora and fauna in a fun way.
- They offer a safe and fun bathing experience. Despite being natural water holes, most cenotes are shallow and safe for small swimmers.
Key features that make cenotes so suitable for children:
- The region’s warm climate makes the water in cenotes pleasantly warm, perfect for long hours of swimming.
- Many cenotes have shallow areas and even some parts with platforms or ladders for easy entry and exit from the water.
- They offer the chance to explore sub-aquatic life in a controlled environment, with colorful fish and fascinating rock formations.
- Cenotes are usually surrounded by green spaces, ideal for a family picnic or to relax and observe nature.
- Some cenotes even offer additional services such as snorkeling equipment rental, life jackets for the little ones or guided tours.
So, if you are looking for something different and full of adventure to enjoy with your family, don’t hesitate to visit the wonderful cenotes of Tulum.
TULUM ARCHAEOLOGICAL ZONE
The archaeological site of Tulum is a good option to visit with the family. It is located on the coast of the Caribbean Sea, offering breathtaking views of its ruins and turquoise water. Visitors can also enjoy activities such as diving, snorkeling and water sports. In addition, there are many fun activities for children, such as visiting the zoo and exploring the surrounding rainforest. The local culture is also a plus in Tulum.
Visiting the ruins of Tulum with your children can be a very worthwhile experience:
- The ruins are surrounded by grassy areas where children can run and play.
- There are shaded areas to rest from the sun.
- There are guides who explain the history in a language appealing to the little ones.
- Local service providers offer activities for children.
LA ZEBRA BEACH CLUB
Arguably the best beach club in Tulum for families with kids is La Zebra!
Your kids can have fun on the playground while you wait for your food and drinks.
It’s not as expensive as other beach clubs in the area, plus the food and service are absolutely excellent.
When it comes to quality family time, La Cebra Beach Club in Tulum is a true paradise. It’s more than a must visit with your little monsters, not sure? Let me help you out with a few key features:
- A complete beach playground for your kids.
- It offers delicious children’s dishes.
- An entertainment team that knows how to make your little ones laugh.
- Kids’ surfing lessons that will keep them busy and happy.
- Relaxation area so you can take a break.
SIAN KA’AN NATIONAL PARK
The Sian Ka’an Biosphere has an endless number of diverse ecosystems and 23 archaeological sites of the Mayan civilization. If you want to enjoy nature or history with your family, this national park will surprise you with its beauty. If you want to avoid paying high tour prices, rent a car and drive to the nature reserve. When you’re here, hire a motorboat ride through the canals and see the wildlife at its best – watch the crocodiles!