Delta Announces New Direct Flight to Tulum: Everything You Need to Know
Discovering Tulum: Delta Makes Your Trip Easy with Direct Flights
Introduction to Delta Airlines and New Destinations
Expansion of flight routes
Tourism in Tulum is about to take a historic turn with the official announcement of Delta as the first U.S. airline to establish a new non-stop route to Tulum’s new international airport starting in March of next year.
Delta Airlines’ main goal is to meet the growing demand of travelers to Mexico. Its latest announcement: a new direct route to Tulum. This landed expedition will strengthen Delta Air Lines’ presence in the busy state of Yucatan, a popular destination among international and local tourists.
Discovering the Direct Flight to Tulum
New Flight Details
This exciting service from Atlanta to Tulum will begin on March 28, 2024, supported by the reliable Boeing 737-800 aircraft. With capacity for 160 passengers, the aircraft is divided into three comfortable cabins: First Class, Delta Comfort+, and Main Cabin.
It therefore offers a variety of options for every type of passenger, whether you are looking for luxury, comfort, or a more affordable price. Delta thinks of all its customers and offers a variety of ways to enjoy your trip to Tulum.
Tulum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mexican Caribbean. Despite the long drive from Cancun to Tulum, thousands of travelers flock to this historic destination every day to enjoy its beautiful ruins, white sand beaches and laid-back culture.
Next year, getting to the tropical spot will be easier than ever, as several airlines announce new flights to this growing destination. While several Mexican airlines have already announced routes to the new airport, no U.S. airline has done so until now.
Benefits of flying direct to Tulum
Have you thought about all that a direct flight to Tulum has to offer? Here are just a few advantages to consider:
Convenience: Avoid tedious connections or long waits at intermediate airports.
Time savings: By flying direct to Tulum, you’ll arrive at your destination rested and ready to explore.
Easier planning: You’ll have fewer variables to consider when planning your trip.
Flexibility: More options of dates and times available.
Less stress: Less opportunity for potential mishaps or delays.
Delta’s announcement represents a major change for travelers who want to experience all that Tulum has to offer. Compared to destinations in the northern part of Quintana Roo, Tulum lacks an international airport.
The multi-million dollar project is nearing completion, providing a new gateway to Tulum and the stunning surrounding destinations, including Akumal and Sian Ka’an. Designed to handle more than 4 million passengers a year, this massive project is expected to distribute the flow of inbound traffic to the Mexican Caribbean, relieving pressure from Cancun’s congested airport.
Several U.S. carriers, including American Airlines and United, are expected to announce new routes to the Tulum airport, although they have yet to reveal concrete plans. Meanwhile, significant progress is being made on the construction of the airport, which is expected to open on time.
Exploring Tulum, the Mayan Paradise in the Mexican Caribbean
The Best Tourist Attractions in Tulum
Tulum is full of natural and cultural wonders. Here are the highlights you can’t miss during your visit:
- Tulum Ruins: These ancient Mayan buildings perched atop a cliff offer breathtaking views of the sea.
- Cenotes of Tulum: These are natural freshwater sinkholes hidden in the jungle. The Gran Cenote is one of the most famous.
- Tulum National Park: It is home to diverse species of flora and fauna, some of them endemic to the region.
- Tulum Beaches: The white sand and crystal clear waters of Playa Paraiso and Playa Ruinas will take your breath away.
Complete guide to the best things to do in Tulum
If you are planning to visit Tulum, here is a list of some of the best activities you can do during your stay:
- Explore the Tulum Ruins: You can’t leave Tulum without visiting its spectacular archaeological zone, a window to the Mayan past.
- Dive into the cenotes: The cenotes, or natural subway pools, are one of Tulum’s greatest charms. The Gran Cenote is the most famous, but there are many more options to choose from.
- Sunbathing on the beaches: Tulum has some of the best beaches in the world. Don’t forget to enjoy a day of sun, sea and sand.
- Connect with nature at Sian Ka’an: This biosphere reserve is the perfect place to observe wildlife and breathe the pure air of this incredible ecosystem.
- Enjoy local gastronomy: Experience the authentic flavors of the Riviera Maya and try delicious Mexican and Mayan dishes at local restaurants.
These extraordinary experiences will undoubtedly enhance your trip to this Mexican Caribbean paradise.
Recommendations for your trip to Tulum
Useful tips for traveling to Tulum
Here are some useful tips that will make your trip to Tulum easier:
- Plan your visits: Tulum can be very crowded during high season. Try to arrive early to tourist attractions to avoid the crowds.
- Protect yourself from the sun: The Caribbean sun can be very strong. Don’t forget to bring a biodegradable sunscreen.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water, especially if you plan to do outdoor activities.
- Take care of the environment: Remember that Tulum is a natural jewel. Help keep it clean and respect all the conservation rules established in the protected areas.
Remember that more than a series of obligations, these tips are simple ways to ensure that your Tulum adventure is the best it can be. Enjoy your trip!